LPN or LVN, Wound Center
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Wound Center
- Part Time - Days - 60
- Allied Health
- Req #: 10105-8547
- Hours Scheduled: 60 hours/pay period
- Posted: July 15, 2021
All inquiries need to apply on-line at http://healogics.com/company/careers to be considered for the position.
The wound Care LPN is responsible for all assigned nursing care activities to include but not limited to wound care for patients of all ages and other clinical activities associated with providing safe patient care. The LPN is responsible for following all WHC policies and procedures, care protocols and Diversified Clinical Services Practice Guidelines, as directed by a Registered Nurse, or Physician.
The LPN will be responsible for assisting with patient and wound care data conferences, and continuing education is required as determined by the Program Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Nursing degree from and accredited nursing school.
· Current license in the state of practice.
· Minimum two years experience as LPN/LVN.
· Minimum one year experience in acute care setting.
· Wound care experience preferred.
· Familiarity with PC's and computerized nursing systems and tools, or demonstrated ability to learn.
· Basic knowledge of regulatory / accrediting requirements for healthcare organizations.
· Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and effectively with patients, visitors, staff, and physicians.
· Good time management skills.
· Demonstrated ability in assessment and critical thinking.
· Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Accuracy in reporting and documenting information.
· Professional accountability.
5. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Maintains BLS credentialing and all unit competencies.
· Completes Diversified Basic Wound Care Course within six (6) months of employment.
· Ability to interact with and maintain a respectful, positive and friendly manner with supervisors, co-workers and internal and external customers to include being flexible with work schedules and requests; keeping commitments; keepings others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addressing problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; remaining calm and courteous and exercising self-control when sharing information and when interacting with angry individuals; accepting criticism without over-reacting or getting angry or sullen; and being open to and sharing ideas as needed to handle complaint situations, explain policies and procedures; addressing others by name, title or other respectful identifier, and respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.