On Call Chaplain
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Nursing Support
- Casual/PRN - Varied - 8
- Req #: 9881-8341
- Hours Scheduled: 8 hours/pay period
- Posted: June 8, 2021
The On Call Chaplain supports the mission of the hospital by providing compassionate and innovative spiritual care for patients, families, and colleagues through our core values of compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence. The Staff Chaplain reports to and is accountable to the Director, Nursing Support with accountability to the spiritual care team (other Staff Chaplains, On-Call Chaplains and Spiritual Care Volunteers). The Staff Chaplain is periodically and annually reviewed by the Director, Nursing Support. The Staff Chaplain provides spiritual care and assessment to patients, families and colleagues in both Inpatient & Outpatient areas. S/he is an integral member of the interdisciplinary team throughout the hospital.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree required from an accredited College, University, or theological school
- Preferred Education: Master's degree (concentration in theology, pastoral care, counseling or related field) from an accredited Theological School, Seminary, College or University
- Minimum Experience: Ordained/Consecrated/Commissioned and endorsed by a recognized faith tradition and provide current documentation of good standing in accordance with the requirements of his/her own faith tradition to function in a pastoral capacity.
- Preferred Experience: 2-3 years experience in pastoral care including spiritual counseling and bereavement & grief support. Minimum of one Unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE accredited by the Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops Commission on Certification and Accreditation, or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education (CAPPE/ACPEP). Equivalency for one unit of CPE may be considered.
- Certifications Required: Staff chaplains are encouraged to further their spiritual care skills by obtaining additional pastoral education, CPE, and continuing education in the field of professional chaplaincy to advance toward Board or Associate Certification in the Association of Professional Chaplains, the National Association of Catholic Chaplains or the National Association of Jewish Chaplain.
- Certifications Preferred: Board Certification by one of the following: APC, AAPC, ACPE, NACC, NAJC, CASA
- Additional Qualifications: Must possess a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation.