SPD Technician, Non-Certified
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Sterile Processing Dept
- Casual/PRN - Varied - 8
- Allied Health
- Req #: 9673-8149
- Hours Scheduled: 8 hours/pay period
- Posted: April 28, 2021
Requisition #: 9673
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / SPD
Shift/Hours: Days / Casual/PRN, varied days/hours
General responsibilities include training of staff related to instrumentation, care, handling, processing, packaging, and sterilization methods. Assists with education of all staff in SPD and OR. Colleague will use independent judgment to prioritize own work and report observations and information to appropriate personnel. Colleague cleans packages and sterilizes supplies according to specific processes and procedures. Delivers equipment and supplies to designated areas as needed.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate. Must be able to read simple printed matter. Must be able to perform math calculations.
- Preferred Education: Certification in sterile processing, surgical technology, or endoscopy reprocessing
- Minimum Experience: Basic computer knowledge
- Preferred Experience: Previous training as an SPD or Endoscopy Technician
- Certifications Preferred: CRCST, CIS, or CER
**The Colleague must enter into a Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRST) within twelve (12) months of signing agreement and earn their CRST accredited program within eighteen (18) months from enrollment in the CRST program.