Manager, Ambulatory Care Coordination
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Indiana Lakes ACO
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Req #: 9658-8134
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: April 26, 2021
Full Time, Salaried
The Ambulatory Care Coordination Manager performs duties consistent with the mission, vision and values of Indiana Lakes Accountable Care Organization (ILACO) and Goshen Health Goshen Hospital (GHGH). This position provides oversight, management and direction for risk modeling and the implementation of focused case and disease management strategies to successfully achieve ILACO and department objectives. The incumbent works in collaboration with the primary care physicians, leadership, case managers and patients to ensure care coordination occurs across the continuum. Focuses on improving care transitions (hospital stays/30 day readmissions/emergency department visits) and the communication of patient plan of care with all members of the healthcare team.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing. Requires and active Indiana license as a Registered Nurse.
- Master’s in Nursing or related health care field
- Five to eight years of clinical experience. Requires clinical skill knowledge as well as strong analytical and critical thinking skills; understanding of population health principles; demonstrate understanding /application of research methodology, statistical analysis and understanding of medical terminology. Requires the ability to take initiative and meet objectives. Knowledge of computer use and various data base software programs. Ability to adapt and be flexible with frequent change. Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Three to five years of experience within healthcare operations or managed care environment. Case Management and leadership experience preferred. Requires clinical skills and an understanding of medical terminology, third party payer requirements and reimbursement criteria. Requires ability to apply Intensity of Services and Severity of Illness criteria (InterQual). Knowledge of personal computers, McKesson (Interqual), MIDAS, Meditech. Ability to comprehend third party payer contractual arrangements
- Case Management