This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Patient Access
- Temporary - Varied - 80
- Req #: 9587-8069
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: April 26, 2021
Requisition #: 9587
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Patient Access
Shift/Hours: Days / Temporary, 80 Hours Per Pay Period
- Temp coverage through August 2021. Temp positions are not benefitted
Reporting to the Director of Patient Access, this position is responsible for regularly registering or pre-registering multiple registration types with accuracy and timeliness. This includes accurately obtaining complete demographic, financial information, and appropriate authorization and obtaining necessary signatures on all required documents and insurance forms. This position must review incoming information on orders, authorizations, and insurance cards and determine if the information received is complete and accurate. This position obtains verification of insurance benefits and runs payment estimate for service. This position is then responsible for determining how much money to collect from the patient and communicating the potential financial responsibility, explaining estimate and collection on accounts with patient portion due. The position promotes good public relations, extending a positive, cooperative and supportive service to patients, families and fellow Colleagues.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or the equivalent with knowledge of current computer technology.
- Preferred Education: Courses or training in health care related field, certification in Patient Access related area
- Minimum Experience: Previous customer service experience.
- Preferred Experience: 2+ years of job-related experience in healthcare-related field