Medical Assistant / LPN Float
- Nappanee, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys CareConnect
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Allied Health
- Req #: 9411-7919
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: March 10, 2021
$3,000/year Tuition Loan Repayment
Requisition #: 9411
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Float Team (Care Connect)
Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time, 80 hrs per pay period
Office Hours: Normally Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm (may vary by office, requires 6:30a to 6:30p availability)
Location: Float/Varied Locations in Elkhart County Area
About GP Float Team: Float team colleagues have the opportunity to learn about the entire network. Float colleagues are scheduled to cover planned and non-planned (ie sick call-offs) openings at each of our 26 practices in and around Elkhart County. Schedules are frequently created months in advance but can change at the last minute as well. The ideal Float Colleague enjoys learning and change, is adaptable and would be considered a go-getter.
- $2,000 / $3,000 Bonus!
- $3,000/year Tuition Loan Repayment
- $1.00 per hour bonus for Bilingual Candidates!
- $1.50/hr Float Premium
- No layoffs in 20+ years
- Tuition reimbursement
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for FT/PT
The float Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will work in all of the Goshen Physicians office settings in a float capacity.
The Clinical Medical Assistants’ (CMA) role is to assist physicians and other healthcare practitioners in carrying out daily clinical and administrative tasks under the direction of practice manager and/or provider. This role serves as part of the team concept, which is devoted to the delivery of primary care in an ambulatory care setting with emphases on prevention and health maintenance. Medical assistants are multitasking individuals that work in fast-paced clinical environments. It is the responsibility of the medical assistant to be engaged in patient care, dedicated to the effective functioning of the medical facility, and adaptable to changes in facility protocol or provider needs.
Promotes exceptional customer relations at all times, whether in person or on the phone, extending a positive, cooperative and supportive service to patients, families and fellow colleagues. Obtains financial/demographic/medical information in a complete, accurate manner and enters data into the electronic medical record. Verifies insurance eligibility and special billing requirements according to guidelines set by insurance carriers and ensures necessary forms are signed in accordance with set practice guidelines.
Performs work under pressure and meets deadlines while maintaining a courteous, professional manner. Serves as an advocate for patients, providers and colleagues. Position also includes responsibility of communicating to patients about upcoming appointments, any outstanding patient due balances and the collection of required copayments upon registration.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current license as Licensed Practical Nurse (or Licensed Vocational Nurse) issued by the Indiana Health Professions Bureau.
- CPR certification through AHA.
- Experience in a medical office (family practice) setting is preferred
Medical Assistant (MA) or EMT
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited career/vocational school with a medical assisting (MA) degree, certificate or diploma or completion of basic or advanced EMT course.
- Minimum Experience: One or more years’ experience in a physician office setting.
- Preferred Experience: Knowledge of CPT and ICD-CM coding
- Certifications Required: Hold active AAMA/CMA/RMA/CCMA/NRCMA Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency for medical assistants to be considered a “credentialed medical assistant" or hold an active EMT Certification. Colleague has 6 months from time of hire to become certified MA or EMT. Must maintain license, certification and or credentials in good status to perform required job duties. AHA CPR certification.