Registered Dietitian I
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Centers for Nutrition Therapy
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Allied Health
- Req #: 9088-7631
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: January 7, 2021
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Nutrition Therapy
Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time, 80 Hours Per Pay Period
Location: 200 High Park Ave, Goshen, IN 46526
About Goshen Health Nutrition Therapy: The Nutrition Therapy department provides inpatient, outpatient and home care MNT, as well as providing presentations in the community as requested. We are looking for a dynamic RDN who enjoys working with people on taking steps towards a healthier lifestyle!
Goshen Hospital is looking for a dynamic individual who enjoys helping people take their next step toward a healthier lifestyle. Responsibilities include inpatient and outpatient nutrition consults; coordinating nutrition care with other providers; presenting to community groups such as cardiac classes, weight management classes, cooking demos. Goshen Hospital RDN’s have diet order writing privileges once the credentialing and privileging process has been completed after hire. Works in a team environment.
Provides nutrition care to the patient by providing a nutrition assessment, diet education and recommendations for changes in the patient’s nutritional care, e.g., tube feedings, total parenteral nutrition, oral nutritional supplements, diet changes. Coordinates nutritional care with the healthcare provider by evaluating the plan of care, reassessment and follow-up care when the patient’s status has changed. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with the medical staff, nursing staff, and other health care team members.
- Completed a minimum of a bachelor’s degree at a US regionally accredited university or college and course work accredited or approved by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Completed an ACEND-accredited supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency, or a foodservice corporation or combined with undergraduate or graduate studies.
- Passed a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR).
- Completed continuing professional education requirements to maintain registration.
- Experience in an acute care dietetics position.
- Maintains certification with the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency & Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)