- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Emergency Department
- Casual/PRN - Varied - 12
- Req #: 8710-7285
- Hours Scheduled: 12 hours/pay period
- Posted: October 15, 2020
Requisition #: 8710
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Emergency Department
Shift/Hours: Casual/PRN - Hours Vary
Nurses in our Emergency Department (ED) are professionally challenged every day. In this critical care area, RNs practice advanced clinical skills within a team-approach model of care. We pride ourselves on our excellent nurse-to-patient ratio.
Extensive sets of competencies are validated each year. Each nursing Colleague maintains certifications that include:
- Basic Life Support for the Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
Many nursing Colleagues also maintain certifications in the Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum and Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course.
Education time and support are provided to acquire advanced certifications.
The Certified Emergency Nurse designation recognizes an ED nurse as having expertise in this specialty nursing field. Progress toward this designation is provided through ongoing education and study materials available in the ED. Certified Emergency Nurse RNs also participate in education programs offered through the ED, as well as attend additional education opportunities to maintain their advanced clinical skills.
- Registered nurse with a valid Indiana State RN license.
- Healthcare Provider CPR certification. Additionally, specific to unit of practice: ED - ACLS within one year of hire and PALS or ENPC required within two years of hire
As of May 1, 2016, Colleagues hired with Associates Degree must enter into a BSN program within 12 months of hire and earn their BSN from a NLN or CCNE accredited program within 3 years of their hire date.