Home Health Aide
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Casual/PRN - Days - 8
- Nursing Support
- Req #: 8697-7275
- Hours Scheduled: 8 hours/pay period
- Posted: October 15, 2020
Requisition #: 8697
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Hospice
Shift/Hours: Days, Casual
Responsible for providing care for people confined to their homes due to being disabled, cognitively impaired or chronically ill. Cares for people who prefer to remain intheir home as opposed to health facilities or institutions. Nursing assistants may also provide related care in a skilled facility if a patient is a Hospice recipient.
Minimum Education: Must successfully complete a competency evaluation program, which is preceded by completion of one of the following:
· Home Care Aide training course.
· CNA training course with work experience in the last 24 months.
· Military training with documented medical training and experience in a patient care setting.
· Nursing student with written verification of enrollment in nursing school who has completed Fundamentals of Nursing course with a "C" or above.
· 1040 hours of experience within the last 24 months as a hospital aide or home care aide in an unlicensed home care agency which has applied for and not been refused licensure.
Certifications Required: Maintains CPR certification per policy. CNA or HHA.Additional Qualifications: Must possess a valid driver's license and have a reliable means of transportation.