Finance Coordinator / Accounts Payable
This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Financial Services
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Req #: 8746-7317
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: October 26, 2020
The Finance Coordinator / Accounts Payable reviews, researches and processes vendor invoices and voucher requisitions by adhering to accounting policies and procedures in order to produce accurate financial statements and ensure timely payment of Health System bills.
1. Process invoices and check requests.
- Opens mail on a daily basis.
- Review all check requests to ensure proper documentation and approval is provided by the department prior to processing payment.
- Obtains approval on all capital equipment purchases prior to processing.
- Keys invoices and check requests.
- Matches invoices and check requests to check.
- Shares responsibility of processing check runs
2. Resolves invoice discrepancies and outstanding issues on vendor statements.
- Sends complete, well documented invoice discrepancy notes to the appropriate person in materials management.
- Reviews “on hold” listing on a daily basis to keep these items as current as possible.
- Reviews vendor statements and resolves all outstanding issues on a timely basis.
- Takes active role in meetings with materials management to create a team like atmosphere between the two departments to improve procedures.
3. Maintains and monitors multiple entity records by reviewing vendor invoices for taxing requirements in order to maintain compliance with all IRS regulations including 1099 income reporting requirements and taxing laws.
4. Maintain checks and balances to the system by researching and resolving discrepancies with vendors and hospital departments in accordance with established procedures to make timely payments and provide accurate financial reporting.
5. Maintains appropriate records by following department procedure for matching checks to documentation in order to meet audit requirements.
6. Performs balancing procedures by verifying invoice batch information entered into the system to system generated reports. Balancing ensures integrity of payment to vendor and protection of hospital assets.
- Minimum Education: High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of clerical experience in Accounts Payable.
- Preferred Experience: Experience in Excel, MSWord is preferred.