Patient Services Representative
- New Paris, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys New Paris Family Medicine (Boyts)
- Part Time - Days - 36
- Req #: 8740-7311
- Hours Scheduled: 36 hours/pay period
- Posted: October 14, 2020
Facility/Dept: Goshen Physicians – New Paris (Dr. Boyts)
Status/Shift: PT, 36 hrs per pay period / Days
Promotes exceptional customer relations at all times, whether in person or on the phone, extending a positive, cooperative and supportive service to patients, families and fellow colleagues. Obtains financial/demographic/medical information in a complete, accurate manner and enters data into the electronic medical record. Verifies insurance eligibility and special billing requirements according to guidelines set by insurance carriers and ensures necessary forms are signed in accordance with set practice guidelines.
Performs work under pressure and meets deadlines while maintaining a courteous, professional manner. Serves as an advocate for patients, providers and colleagues. Position also includes responsibility of communicating to patients about upcoming appointments, any outstanding patient due balances and the collection of required copayments upon registration.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or have evidence of the equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Knowledge of CPT and ICD-CM coding.
- Minimum Experience: Experience in a related work situation. Basic experience with computer data entry.
- Preferred Experience: Job-related experience in healthcare setting.