Care Coordination Extender
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Care Coordination
- Casual/PRN - Days - 8
- Req #: 8555-7145
- Hours Scheduled: 8 hours/pay period
- Posted: September 14, 2020
Facility/Dept: Goshen Hospital – Acute Care Coordination
Status/Shift: Casua/PRN - Varied Hours
Location: 200 High Park Ave, Goshen, IN 46526
Provides a variety of administrative duties in the course of assisting the Director, Manager, and Care Coordination colleagues. Reporting to the Manager of Acute Care Coordination, this position is responsible for obtaining authorizations for all inpatient and observation services. This position is also responsible for performing insurance eligibility. Other duties include but are not limited to additional tasks related to obtaining final hospital authorization. Supports the department with knowledge and use of Meditech, Midas, and insurance eligible websites such as Availity and Recondo.
- Minimum Education:High school graduate or equivalent with current computer technology and knowledge of medical terminology, and medical billing terminology.
- Preferred Education: High school graduate with certification in medical terminology, anatomy or Medical Assistant certification (Scheduling). Medical billing experience is preferred for other positions.
- Minimum Experience:2 years of job-related experience in the healthcare industry.
- Preferred Experience:2+ years of job-related experience in a clinical healthcare position