Practice Coordinator, Orthopedics
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Req #: 8536-7128
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: September 2, 2020
The Practice Coordinator position exists to provide support in practice operations and reports to the Practice Manager. Assists in the coordination and management of physician office activities. Monitors the day to day office operations; monitors EMR workflow efficiencies; provides feedback and recommendations on a regular basis regarding performance applicable to practice standards; provides and identifies training needs; evaluates patient flow, registration, scheduling; assigns and delegates duties to colleagues; evaluates colleague productivity and staffing needs.
Participates in the hiring process of department colleagues. Makes recommendations and collaborates with leadership on the completion of annual performance evaluations.
Serves as trainer and resource for newly hired colleagues, reviewing policies and procedures and teaching customer service and practice standards.
This position may provide interim managerial support in the absence of Practice Manager; serving as a resource/contact person to Colleagues and monitoring overall practice operations. Serves as a role model and mentor working with management, colleagues and providers to accomplish practice goals and objectives. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with patients, other Provider offices and all Goshen Health Goshen Physicians Colleagues.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma. Minimum of 3 years related medical or management experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Preferred Education: Associates Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum Experience: Experience in a single or multi-specialty medical practice group to include supervision or human resources or financials
- Preferred Experience: 5 years medical and supervisory experience in a medical environment