Patient Services Representative Float, Bilingual
- Nappanee, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys CareConnect
- Part Time - Days/Evening - 32
- Req #: 8377-6985
- Hours Scheduled: 32 hours/pay period
- Posted: January 4, 2021
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Float Team (Care Connect)
Shift/Hours: Days / Part Time, 32 hrs per pay period
Office Hours: Normally Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm (may vary by office, requires 6:30a to 6:30p availability)
Location: Float/Varied Locations in Elkhart County Area
About GP Float Team: Float team colleagues have the opportunity to learn about the entire network. Float colleagues are scheduled to cover planned and non-planned (ie sick call-offs) openings at each of our 26 practices in and around Elkhart County. Schedules are frequently created months in advance but can change at the last minute as well. The ideal Float Colleague enjoys learning and change, is adaptable and would be considered a go-getter.
This position reports to work in all of the Goshen Health Goshen Physicians office settings in a float capacity and must be bilingual in Spanish.
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) provides exceptional care to the patients and customers of Goshen Health Goshen Physicians through friendly, caring, courteous, and professional service. The PSR is responsible for effective patient/office coordination, scheduling of appointments, registration, receipts and collections and data entry. Greets, schedules and tracks patients to help the physician function as efficiently as possible. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with patients, other physician office colleagues and all Goshen Physician colleagues. The person in this position demonstrates the knowledge and skills to provide service appropriate to neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or have evidence of the equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Minimum Experience: 1 year experience in a related work situation. Must pass the Goshen Health standardized Spanish Competency Evaluation
- Competencies: Good problem solving, verbal and written communication skills. The ability to work as a team member. Strong computer skills required.