Public Safety Officer
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Public Safety Department
- Full Time - Night - 80
- Support Services
- Req #: 8343-6953
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: July 31, 2020
Requisition Number: 8343
Facility/Dept: Goshen Hospital – Public Safety
Status/Shift: Full Time, 80 hrs per pay period, Nights
Reporting to the Director of Public Safety the Public Safety Officer (PSO) is responsible, to ensure the safety and security of colleagues, patients, visitors and their property while at Goshen Health. The PSO is additionally responsible to protect corporate assets of Goshen Health and its satellite locations. The PSO position is a 24/7 service, with primary responsibility to the Goshen Hospital campus and surrounding Goshen Health facilities. PSO will coordinate efforts with colleagues and management to ensure consistent delivery of public safety services for a secure and safe environment, and do it in a courteous, professional manner that lives up to the mission values of Goshen Health.
PSO is responsible for patrolling facilities and implements hospital safety and security policies. Monitor alarms and closed-circuit television systems. As well as, assist in both non-emergency and emergency situations. PSO is responsible for compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
PSO are subject to work in various environments including outdoor conditions such as cold, rain, or heat. Will be required to work extended shifts when emergency situations develop. Work in all areas of Goshen Hospital including interstitial spaces. Promptly respond to all emergencies, calls for service and provide detailed and timely written reports to the Director of Public Safety.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree in related field.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years in related field.
- Preferred Experience: Reserve or certified police officer or law enforcement, military security/ police experience preferred.
- Certifications Required: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications Preferred: FEMA-IS-100-Intro to Incident Command certificate preferred and required within 3 months of hire. FEMA-IS-200-ICS for single resources certificate preferred and required within 3 months of hire. FEMA-IS-700-National Incident Management System certificate preferred and required within 3 months of hire. Verbal de-escalation training from CPI or acquired within 3 months. CPR, First Aid, AED