- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Casual/PRN - Days - 8
- Req #: 8295-6910
- Hours Scheduled: 8 hours/pay period
- Posted: August 3, 2020
- Requisition #: 8295
- Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital/Hospice
- Hours/Shift: Casual/PRN, PRN 8 hrs per pay period, Days
Start here, grow here, stay here.
This position links patients and families with resources and services available in hospice facilities and through hospice at home. Works with referral staff at discharge sites to assure the best outcomes for patients and promotes continuity of care in keeping with the goals and strategies of the agency which are consistent with the mission and objective. Responsible for determining patient eligibility and coordinating the scheduling into the program. Goshen Hospice services Elkhart, LaGrange, Kosciusko and Noble Counties.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Valid Indiana Registered Nurse license is required. American Heart Association CPR certification.
- 1 year of Medical Surgical nursing experience
- Valid drivers license and proof of auto insurance
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds. Lifting requirement may be heavier for specified departments.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Compensation: Welcome and relocation bonuses offered, student loan repayment, tuition assistance for continuing education
- Benefits: Health benefits, paid time off & child care reimbursement
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation, Newly licensed nurse residency program
- Professional Development: Specialty certification bonus, ongoing in-services and leadership development
- Recognition: Magnet designation for the first time in 2004 and achieved re-designation in 2009, 2014 and 2019.
- Culture: Unique TUL (The Uncommon Leader) culture and nursing professional governance structure empower nurses at Goshen to lead change and advance practice.
As of May 1, 2016, Colleagues hired with Associates Degree must enter into a BSN program within 12 months of hire and earn their BSN from a NLN or CCNE accredited program within 2 years of beginning their BSN degree.