Respiratory Therapist, Registered
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Respiratory Therapy
- Full Time - Night - 72
- Allied Health
- Req #: 8331-6942
- Hours Scheduled: 72 hours/pay period
- Posted: July 30, 2020
$3,000/year Student Loan Repayment
Requisition #: 8331
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Respiratory Therapy
Shift/Hours: Full Time, 72 Hours Per Pay Period (Nights) 12-hour shift, 3 per week, every 5th weekend
Administers a full range of respiratory therapy treatments and modalities, monitors life support devices, is engaged in arterial blood gas sampling and analysis, and performs selected cardiopulmonary diagnostic testing as prescribed by the attending physician. Multidiscipline team approach in critical and acute care settings.
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist by the National Board for Respiratory Care. Licensed by the State of Indiana Health Professional Bureau to perform respiratory therapy duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited institution.
- ACLS/BLS, PALS, NRP RRT
- Performs work assignments and displays a positive sincere attitude that represents support for the hospital’s mission statement.
- Maintains confidentiality of all data, procedures, records, forms, reports and any other sensitive information regarding a patient’s medical condition or treatment.
- Takes an active role in self-improvement relative to continuing education and in-service attendance.
- Properly performs all of the respiratory care therapeutic procedures listed on the department’s scope of services.
- Properly and effectively administers emergency respiratory care procedures.
- Administers critical care procedures according to approved procedures.
- Properly performs 12-lead electrocardiograms.
- Participates actively in the department’s performance improvement efforts.
- Participates in the orientation of new employees.
- Reacts to change positively and handles other tasks as assigned.
- Maintains open lines of communications with other workers.
- Maintains excellent public relations in all verbal and written communications with patients, their families, and physician.
- Documents patient treatment data in department records.
- Takes an active role in the education and professional development of the department staff.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of personnel so classified.