Medical Assistant, Bilingual
- Ligonier, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys Ligonier Family Medicine
- Part Time - Days - 48
- Allied Health
- Req #: 8276-6893
- Hours Scheduled: 48 hours/pay period
- Posted: July 29, 2020
$3,000/yr Tuition Reimbursement
Position can be filled by Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or EMTRequisition #: 8276
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Ligonier
Shift/Hours: Days / Part Time, 48 hrs per pay period
About GP - Ligonier: All colleagues are bilingual. Andy Vorhis is an NP and has been practicing medicine in Ligonier for 8 years. He has a great team and they have a great workflow. Practice patient base is 90% Hispanic population. Experience is a must to work in this environment due to the workflow.
- $1,500 Bonus!
- $3,000/year Tuition Loan Repayment!
- $1.00 per hour bonus for Bilingual Candidates!
- No layoffs in 20+ years
- Tuition reimbursement
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits for FT/PT
Under the supervision of the designated manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Medical Assistant (MA), or EMT provides care to designated patients in collaboration with Registered Nurses and providers in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or EMT performs duties associated with direct patient care and quality improvement activities, assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current license as Licensed Practical Nurse (or Licensed Vocational Nurse) issued by the Indiana Health Professions Bureau.
Medical Assistant (MA) or EMT
- Graduate of an accredited career/vocational school with a medical assisting degree, certificate or diploma or completion of basic or advanced EMT course.
- Must hold active CCMA/CMA/RMA Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency for medical assistants to be considered a "credentialed medical assistant or hold an active EMT Certification.
- Colleague has 6 months from time of hire to become certified Medical Assistant (CCMA, CMA, or RMA)
- Must maintain license, certification and or credentials in good status to perform required job duties.
- CPR certification.
Experience as a Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or EMT in a medical office setting is preferred
Bilingual candidates must pass a Spanish Exam prior to receiving $1.00 per hr bonus