Public Safety Officer
This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Public Safety Department
- Part Time - Evening - 64
- Support Services
- Req #: 8081-6710
- Hours Scheduled: 64 hours/pay period
- Posted: July 1, 2020
Requisition Number: 8081
Facility/Dept: Goshen Hospital – Public Safety
Status/Shift: Part Time, 64 hrs per pay period, Evenings
This position exists to complete the responsibilities, duties and operations as assigned from the Goshen Health Public Safety Department to ensure the safety and security of colleagues, patients, visitors and their property, as well as corporate assets at their assigned campus. This position provides ongoing support of overall efficiency, effectiveness and functions. This position coordinates efforts with colleagues and management to ensure consistent delivery of public safety services. This position is responsible for compliance with local, state and federal regulations. This position assists in the enforcement of Policy and Procedures as they relate to the Public Safety Department and Environment of Care. This position reports to the shift commander of assigned shift. Duty to asses situations and make responsive decisions with good faith belief in the desired outcome with information at hand that falls under the scope of dept. and system mission. Performs work assignments and displays a positive sincere attitude that represents support for the culture with Goshen Health's mission statement and values at the core.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Associates Degree in related field.
- Preferred Experience: Reserve or certified police officer or law enforcement, military security/ police experience preferred.
- Certifications Required: Valid driver’s license
- Certifications Preferred: Basic understanding or certification of National Incident Management System (NIMS) and or F.E.M.A (I.C.S.100-200, 00700.a, 00800.b), Verbal de-escalation training, CPR, First Aid, AED