Unit Secretary/Certified Nursing Assistant
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Clinical Resource Unit
- Casual/PRN - Days - 12
- Nursing Support
- Req #: 8078-6708
- Hours Scheduled: 12 hours/pay period
- Posted: June 24, 2020
Department: Clinical Resource Unit/Goshen Health
Hours/Shift: Casual/PRN, 12 hrs per pay period, Days
Provides secretarial/receptionist support, basic nursing care and assists with the activities of daily living for patients on the unit of practice consistent with the mission, vision and beliefs of Goshen Hospital. Receives and communicates messages, transcribes physician orders, enters patient data and charges in the order communication system, completes all necessary forms and maintains an orderly environment. Interacts with the patients, providing care as identified in the care plan and as directed by the RN. Works under the direct supervision of an RN. Uses independent judgment to prioritize own work and report observations and information to appropriate personnel.
- High school graduate.
- Completion of nursing assistant certification training and competency exams as approved by the State Board of Health, Completion of Nursing Fundamentals or Medical Assistant course.
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Effective customer service
- Computer keyboard skills
- Healthcare Provider CPR certification
- Six months unit secretary and patient care experience preferred.