Patient Financial Services Counselor
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Patient Financial Services
- Full Time - Days - 80
- Req #: 7868-6515
- Hours Scheduled: 80 hours/pay period
- Posted: May 22, 2020
Entity/Department: Goshen Hospital / Patient Financial Services
Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time / 40 Hours Per Week
Hours: Mon - Fri 9:30 - 6:00
Receives and reviews past due accounts for all self-pay (patient responsibility) accounts. Contacts patients and/or third-party payors to secure payments or arrange alternative settlement plans. Identifies problem delinquencies and recommends their referral to an outside collection agency and prepares and maintains collection-related records. Will attend court proceedings as necessary. Assumes responsibility for all inquiries on self-pay (patient responsibility) accounts.
- High School Diploma or the equivalent
- 3 years related work experience
- Preferred Experience with discussing financial issues with patients. Knowledge of insurance and billing terminology, rules and regulations. Excellent computer skills to include Excel and Word. Excellent organizational skills. Excellent customer service skills. Knowledge of Fair Debt and Collection practice laws.