This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Intensive Care Unit
- Full Time - Night - 72
- Req #: 7645-6313
- Hours Scheduled: 72 hours/pay period
- Posted: May 21, 2020
Start here, grow here, stay here.
The Intensive Care unit is located on the 2nd floor of Goshen Hospital. This is a 12-bed unit with primarily critically ill patients.
Practices consistent with the mission, vision and values of Goshen Health, the Department of Nursing’s Philosophy, and model of care. Practices professional nursing at an excellent level within the Goshen nursing model of care keeping a primary focus on the patient/family using the nursing process, culturally appropriate interventions, and holistic principles with attention to continuity of care and patient advocacy, while maintaining a safe environment. Is a leader in professional nursing both in direct care and in colleague relationships using ethical principles, collaboration, peer review, evidence based practice, and teaching & learning principles.
- Requires an Associates of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Valid Indiana Registered Nurse license is required. American Heart Association CPR certification.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, assist with lifting 100 pounds. Lifting requirement may be heavier for specified departments.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Compensation: Welcome and relocation bonuses offered, student loan repayment, tuition assistance for continuing education
- Benefits: Health benefits, paid time off & child care reimbursement
- Education: Clinical onboarding and orientation, Newly licensed nurse residency program
- Professional Development: Specialty certification bonus, ongoing in-services and leadership development
- Recognition: Magnet designation for the first time in 2004 and achieved re-designation in 2009, 2014 and 2019.
- Culture: Unique TUL (The Uncommon Leader) culture and nursing professional governance structure empower nurses at Goshen to lead change and advance practice.
As of May 1, 2016, Colleagues hired with Associates Degree must enter into a BSN program within 12 months of hire and earn their BSN from a NLN or CCNE accredited program within 2 years of beginning their BSN degree