Nurse Practitioner, Breast Surgical Oncology
This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Goshen Retreat Women’s Health Center
- Part Time - Days - 48
- Advanced Practice Provider - NP & PA
- Req #: 7609-6282
- Hours Scheduled: 48 hours/pay period
- Posted: June 15, 2020
Both Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physician Assistant (PA) candidates can be considered for this role.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital/Goshen Retreat Women’s Health Center
- Part Time—0.6 FTE
- Hours Scheduled-- 48 hrs/2 week pay period
We are seeking a Part Time Mid-level provider/Advanced Care Practitioner (NP or PA) interested in working at the Goshen Women’s Retreat Health Center in collaboration with two breast surgical oncologists. The Retreat is a stand-alone outpatient clinic dedicated to breast care and breast health, in partnership with the comprehensive Goshen Center for Cancer Care.
The primary roles of this position include evaluation, management, and treatment plans for patients in the high-risk breast cancer clinic and breast cancer survivorship program. Experience in women’s health and breast care is not required, and additional disease specific training will be provided. This is a relatively low acuity clinical setting that is disease specific for benign and malignant breast health issues. Clinical responsibilities include annual clinical breast exams/surveillance visits, management of acute and chronic symptoms which may be related to breast cancer treatments, evaluation of new breast health related concerns, and risk reduction counseling. For interested providers, genetic counseling and testing can also be incorporated (Goshen Health will cover training/expenses for genetics certification). The opportunity to participate as a surgical first assist for breast cancer surgeries in the OR is also available for a total of 0.8 FTE for applicable providers. Applicants uninterested in OR work will be offered 48 hours/week or a 0.6 FTE.
Work schedule entails 3 days of outpatient clinic and patient care/week; no weekend call. Daily clinical support includes complete on-site breast imaging diagnostic capabilities, on-site radiology, as well as nursing and medical assistants. Participation in a weekly multidisciplinary breast cancer conference and other breast specific care coordination is essential. Providers are encouraged to proceed independently in the care and treatment of patients within their scope of practice and knowledge, and can seek the expert opinion or advice of collaborating physicians whenever necessary. Excellent communication skills, organization, time management, independent critical thinking, team collaboration, and excellent bedside manner are required for success.
- Minimum Education: A license to practice as Registered Nurse and a certificate to practice as Nurse Practitioner issued by the State Board of Registered Nursing OR certified Physician Assistant (PA-C) with appropriate state license
- Certifications Required: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum Experience: Ideally at least one year of independent practice as an NP/PA
- Preferred Experience: Two-Five years of experience with oncology (such as OCN certification) or women’s health is preferred but not required
- Compensation: Tuition assistance for continuing education, competitive pay
- Benefits: Health benefits, paid time off & child care reimbursement
- Professional Development: Ongoing in-services and leadership development
- Recognition: Magnet designation for the first time in 2004 and achieved re-designation in 2009, 2014 and 2019
- Culture: Unique TUL (The Uncommon Leader) culture empowers Colleagues at Goshen to lead change and advance practice
- Seniority level: Associate
- Employment type: Part-time
- Job function: Health Care Provider
- Industries: Health, Wellness and Fitness, Medical Practice, Hospital & Health Care