- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Goshen Retreat Women’s Health Center
- Part Time - Days - 48
- Advanced Practice Provider - NP & PA
- Req #: 7609-6282
- Hours Scheduled: 48 hours/pay period
- Posted: March 10, 2020
Both Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physician Assistant (PA) candidates can be considered for this role.
The provider in this role is concentrated in genetics (Goshen Health will train/cover expense for certification) and breast survivorship.
Nurse Practitioners (NP) work directly with a physician in the management of patient caseloads in both the inpatient hospital and outpatient clinic setting. They will perform medical tasks to assist in the evaluation, observation, and treatment of patients presenting a variety of medical problems related to oncology care that may range from chronic disease, acute illnesses, episodic disorders, symptom management, palliative care, health care maintenance and/or survivorship.
The NP is assigned full time to this role and receives professional medical direction from physicians. NPs proceed independently in the care and treatment of patients within the scope of practice defined and agreed to by medicine, nursing, and administration. NPs seek the expert opinion or advice of a physician whenever he/she decides a case falls outside the scope authorized by the board of nursing, policies and/or protocol.
- Minimum Education: A license to practice as Registered Nurse and a certificate to practice as Nurse Practitioner issued by the State Board of Registered Nursing. Physician Assistants will be considered but are not ideal.
- Certifications Required: CPR
- Minimum Experience: At least two years of oncology practice, as either an RN or a Nurse Practitioner/Physicians Assistant. Inpatient experience is preferred.
- Preferred Experience: Five years of oncology practice, with two years of inpatient experience.