Patient Services Representative
- Nappanee, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys Nappanee Osteopathic Family Clinic
- Full Time - Days - 72
- Req #: 7600-6274
- Hours Scheduled: 72 hours/pay period
- Posted: March 5, 2020
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Nappanee
Shift/Hours: Days / Full Time, 72 hrs per pay period
Office Hours: Mon - Thurs 8-5; Fri 8-4; Sat 8-12
Location: 1953 Waterfall Dr., Ste. A, Nappanee, IN 46550
About GP - Nappanee: The Nappanee office is a very busy family practice clinic (6 medical providers on site) that also does OB care, labs, minor surgeries, x-rays and DEXA scans. The clinic is open Mon -Thurs from 8-5, Fri from 8-4, and Sat from 8-12.
Promotes exceptional customer relations at all times, whether in person or on the phone, extending a positive, cooperative and supportive service to patients, families and fellow colleagues. Obtains financial/demographic/medical information in a complete, accurate manner and enters data into the electronic medical record. Verifies insurance eligibility and special billing requirements according to guidelines set by insurance carriers and ensures necessary forms are signed in accordance with set practice guidelines.
Performs work under pressure and meets deadlines while maintaining a courteous, professional manner. Serves as an advocate for patients, providers and colleagues. Position also includes responsibility of communicating to patients about upcoming appointments, any outstanding patient due balances and the collection of required copayments upon registration.
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or have evidence of the equivalent.
- Preferred Education: Knowledge of CPT and ICD-CM coding.
- Minimum Experience: Experience in a related work situation. Basic experience with computer data entry.
- Preferred Experience: Job-related experience in healthcare setting.