Unit Secretary/Nursing Assistant - Registrar
This job posting is no longer active.
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Hospital
- Part Time - Days - 48
- Nursing Support
- Req #: 7523-6202
- Hours Scheduled: 48 hours/pay period
- Posted: April 10, 2020
$1,000 New Colleague Bonus!
Provides secretarial/receptionist/registrar support, basic nursing care and assists with the activities of daily living for patients on the unit of practice consistent with the mission, vision and beliefs of Goshen Hospital.
Responsible for accurately obtaining complete demographic and financial information on all patients being admitted to the unit. Obtains necessary signatures on all required documents and insurance forms. Receives and communicates messages, transcribes physician orders, enters patient data and charges in the order communication system, completes all necessary forms and maintains an orderly environment. Interacts with the patients, providing care as identified in the care plan and as directed by the RN. Works under the direct supervision of an RN.
- High school graduate. Completion of nursing assistant certification training and competency exams as approved by the State Board of Health. Completion of Nursing Fundamentals or Medical Assistant course.
- Effective verbal and written skills, effective customer service, and computer keyboard skills necessary.
- Certified Nursing Assistant unless other pieces of minimum education fulfilled
- American Heart Association CPR certification (we only accept American Heart Association)