Surger Scheduler, Heart & Vascular
- Goshen, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys Heart & Vascular Center
- Part Time - Days - 40
- Req #: 7460-6142
- Hours Scheduled: 40 hours/pay period
- Posted: Yesterday
Entity/Department: Goshen Physicians / Heart & Vascular
Shift/Hours: Days / Part Time, 40 hrs per pay period
Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm
Location: 1855 S. Main St., Ste. A, Goshen, IN 46526-4723
About GP - Heart & Vascular: This practice treats heart conditions. We diagnose and treat life-threatening arrhythmias, perform PCI’s, Catheterizations, and work with the surgeons to correct vascular problems. We work in concert with the patient's PCPs in helping to manage their disease. Early prevention and detection is our goal. Our providers and colleagues all have their patients' health and well-being as their main focus and work to maintain both.
Responsible for the coordination and scheduling of appointments for surgical patients: pre-screening, medical clearance, surgery, referrals, diagnostic testing, physical therapy and post-operative. Coordinates and processes appropriate authorizations, including communication of insurance requirements to patients and providers. Serves as a liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies, and the building and maintaining relationships with physician offices. Establishes and maintains good working relationships with patients and their families, physicians, and external customers.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited career/vocational school with a medical assisting degree, certificate or diploma or completion of basic or advanced EMT course or High school diploma or equivalent required with a minimum of two years office experience in field of specialty.
- Minimum Experience: General knowledge of computer software and practice management databases is essential.
- Preferred Experience: Two to four years of experience in a physician office environment. Proficiency in medical terminology preferred.
- Certifications Required: Hold active AAMA/CMA Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency for medical assistants to be considered a “credentialed medical assistant or hold an active EMT Certification or CPOEP (Order Entry Certification) must be registered to obtain within the initial 6 months of employment to qualify for the position. Must maintain license, certification and or credentials in good status to perform required job duties. CPR certification.