Medical Assistant, Bilingual
- Elkhart, IN
- Goshen Physicians
- Phys Elkhart Family Medicine
- Full Time - Days - 72
- Allied Health
- Req #: 7248-5945
- Hours Scheduled: 72 hours/pay period
- Posted: February 26, 2020
$3,000/year Tuition Loan Repayment!
Position can be filled by Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or EMT
Requisition #: 7248
Facility/Dept: Goshen Physicians – Elkhart Family Medicine
Status/Shift: Full Time, 72 hrs per pay period / Days
Location: 3421 S. Main St.Elkhart, IN 46517-3125
About GP - Elkhart: GP - Elkhart is a fully bilingual (Spanish speaking) facility, including the on-site provider. The patient population is primarily Spanish speaking
- Bonus: $1,500
- Tuition Loan Repayment: $3,000/year
- Tuition reimbursement towards continuing education (LPN, RN, etc.)
- $1.00 per hour bonus for Bilingual Candidates
- Job Security: No layoffs in 20+ years
Under the supervision of the designated manager, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), Medical Assistant (MA), or EMT provides care to designated patients in collaboration with Registered Nurses and providers in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or EMT performs duties associated with direct patient care and quality improvement activities, assures completeness of ordered procedures and treatments, instructs patients concerning procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Current license as Licensed Practical Nurse (or Licensed Vocational Nurse) issued by the Indiana Health Professions Bureau.
Medical Assistant (MA) or EMT
- Graduate of an accredited career/vocational school with a medical assisting degree, certificate or diploma or completion of basic or advanced EMT course.
- Must hold active CCMA/CMA/RMA/NRCMA Board certification or pass exam given by any credentialing agency for medical assistants to be considered a "credentialed medical assistant or hold an active EMT Certification.
- Colleague has 6 months from time of hire to become certified Medical Assistant or EMT (CCMA, CMA, NRCMA, or RMA)
- Must maintain license, certification and or credentials in good status to perform required job duties.
- CPR certification
- Experience as a Medical Assistant (MA), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or EMT in a medical office setting is preferre
- Bilingual candidates must pass a Spanish Exam prior to receiving $1.00 per hr bonus
MA, Medical Assistant, CMA, RMA, CCMA, NRCMA, EMT, LPN, Licensed Practical Nurse, LVN, Licensed Vocational Nurse, clinic, patient care, physician office, Nurse, nursing, healthcare, health care